As the new year begins, this “quieter” period between semesters is a great time to take a moment to look at the content on your site. Here’s a quick checklist you can follow in just an hour or two to get you started “freshening up” your content:
- Make sure all of your links are up to date (we even have a tool to recommend for that)
- Check that your content follows the Web Writing and Style Guide
- Add all of next semester’s events to your event calendar
- Delete any images or pages that you are no longer using or linking to
- Make sure to publicize your social media outlets like Facebook and Twitter and keep them updated. Also, if they’re not listed on our Social Stream, let us know.
- Ensure you’re optimizing your content for Google and other search engines (peruse SEO Copywriting for Content Contributors for some great tips)
- Just generally going through and “freshening up” your content by getting rid of Redundant, Outdated and Trivial (ROT) content
Here’s to a great (and updated) 2012!